Out of the Wings has been bringing the best of playwriting from the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking worlds to the UK and beyond since 2008. In 2013 we re-set and kickstarted what has now become an annual festival of play-readings, workshops, conferences and panels.
Throughout the year, we meet every month and read a new translation of a play, and organise stand-alone events to share our work with audiences, researchers and theatre-makers of all kinds.
As we prepare for our fifth festival and look ahead to a new decade, our goal is to share this work further and with more people of all backgrounds and interests. We want to grow: to meet more plays, writers, translators, actors, directors, producers, stage managers, designers, dramaturgs, researchers, teachers and audiences, and to continue spreading the message that international collaboration can lead to some of theatre’s most exciting discoveries.
In this spirit, we invite you to be our guest for An Evening with Out of the Wings, a friendly and informal opportunity for us to share our work with you, meet new collaborators, and make connections as we plan for 2020 and beyond.
What to expect:
– A welcome drink
– A celebration of our work to date and some of our highlights since our work began
– A taster of how our monthly table-reads work
– A chance to learn how to get involved in our work
– Details of our call-out for our 2020 Festival, to be held at the Omnibus Theatre in August
– A relaxed and friendly chance to talk to us in person and network with other guests
We look forward to meeting you!