Our relaxed performances are designed for those who may require a more relaxed atmosphere throughout a performance.
This may include people on the autistic spectrum, those with sensory or communication needs, people with learning disabilities, or anyone who would appreciate a more relaxed environment.
WHAT IS A RELAXED PERFORMANCE?
BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE
- Pictures of the production – set and characters – along with synopsis will be sent in advance
- Pictures of the building and a tour are also available in advance
DURING THE PERFORMANCE
- Loud or sudden noises are softened
- Bright lights are softened
- A low level of light is left on in the auditorium
- Audience members are free to leave and re-enter the auditorium at any point
- There is a relaxed attitude to noise
- A breakout space will be available for anyone who is feeling overly agitated
CAN I BRING A WHEELCHAIR?
While all productions in the Theatre are wheelchair accessible, please make us aware at the time of booking so we can be aware of numbers and make necessary adaptations.
If you have any questions you can get in touch with our Senior Producer Felicity Paterson on email@example.com