Engine Room is Omnibus Theatre’s flagship artist support programme, giving theatre makers and artists the opportunity to experiment, play and develop ideas. Engine Room usually takes place once a month and each one features 3-4 theatre makers.
For each Engine Room participant, we offer:
- A 20-minute performance slot in our Theatre, or 30 minute reading of your piece for an invited audience
- Up to three days free rehearsal space at Omnibus Theatre
- A dramaturgical session with our Literary Officer Sam Pout
- Technical assistance from our team, who will run your technical rehearsal and operate during the performance
- Meaningful audience feedback
You might be a writer, director, spoken-word artist, dancer, puppeteer, performance artist, choreographer, drag artist, cabaret or burlesque artist, solo artist, theatre company or collective.
Engine Room is part of our commitment to supporting artists and theatre makers, championing new voices and challenging perceptions. Artists that have previously presented work include; Nouveau Riché, Vera Chok, The Queer House, Opia Collective, Cocoa Butter Club and Playing On.
Submissions for Engine Room are OPEN. Submissions close on Friday 15 December, 10am.