Engine Room is Omnibus Theatre’s flagship artist support programme, giving theatre makers and artists the opportunity to experiment, play and develop ideas. Following a rehearsal period in our building, participating artists present up to 20-minutes of work in development at a live sharing. Engine Room usually takes place once a month and each one features 3-4 theatre makers.
For each Engine Room participant, we offer:
– A 20-minute performance slot in our Theatre, or 30 minute reading of your piece for an invited audience
– Up to three days free rehearsal space at Omnibus Theatre
– A dramaturgical session with our Artistic Director Marie McCarthy/Literary Officer Sam Pout
– Technical assistance from our Technical Manager, who will run your technical rehearsal and operate during the performance
– Meaningful audience feedback
You might be a writer, director, spoken-word artist, dancer, puppeteer, performance artist, choreographer, drag artist, cabaret or burlesque artist, solo artist, theatre company or collective.
Engine Room is part of our commitment to supporting artists and theatre makers, championing new voices and challenging perceptions. Artists that have previously presented work include; Nouveau Riché, Vera Chok, The Queer House, Opia Collective, Cocoa Butter Club and Playing On.
Submissions for Autumn Season Engine Room are currently OPEN. Submissions close on Monday 1st August, 6pm.